Welcome and Opening Pastoral Prayer
- Pray a “We need You God” type of prayer.
- Posture – Have everyone raise their hands to the Lord in prayer and surrender.
Suggested Opening Song – We need you God type of song – Here’s My Heart, Lord – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xD-Wz6CWOw
Praying for Justice Section – Praying against murder, violence, racism, etc…
- Posture – Have people pray in groups around the worship center
- Suggested Scripture – Psalm 7:14-17 – The wicked conceive evil; they are pregnant with trouble and give birth to lies. They dig a deep pit to trap others, then fall into it themselves. The trouble they make for others backfires on them. The violence they plan falls on their own heads. I will thank the Lord because he is just; I will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High.
- Suggested Song(s) – The Lion and the Lamb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9ujBoud26k
Praying for Christians Section – Praying for all Christians to come together.
- Posture – Have everyone in the room join hands for prayer
- Suggested Scripture – 1 Peter 2:9-10 – But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light. Once you had no identity as a people; now you are God’s people. Once you received no mercy; now you have received God’s mercy.
- Suggested Songs: I Need You to Survive by Hezekiah Walker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5_7LEWnGaQ
Praying for our Nation Section – Praying for our nation to turn to and follow Jesus.
- Posture – Ask those who are physically able to kneel and bow before the Lord.
- Suggested Scripture – 2 Chronicles 7:14 – Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.
- Suggested Songs – Hear Us From Heaven by Jared Anderson – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf3TA1dSNtk
Praying for the Church Section
- Posture – Hands outstretched toward one another
- Being salt and light in the world – Transforming the culture from within
- Suggested Scripture – Matthew 5:13-15 – “You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless. “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.”
- Suggested Songs – This I Believe – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtUNQpu2b7Q
Praising God Prayer Section – Praising the Lord, thanking Him for who He is.
- Posture – Ask everyone to clap after the scripture is read.
- Suggested Scripture – Psalm 97:1-6 – The Lord is king! Let the earth rejoice!
Let the farthest coastlands be glad. Dark clouds surround him. Righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne. Fire spreads ahead of him and burns up all his foes. His lightning flashes out across the world. The earth sees and trembles. The mountains melt like wax before the Lord, before the Lord of all the earth.The heavens proclaim his righteousness; every nation sees his glory.
- Suggested Song – How Can It Be? –https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt5X91ciE6Y
Closing Song(s) – Powerful upbeat song(s), thanking and praising God!
- Suggested Song – Your Face Outshines the Brightest Sun – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoOARm1r89o&list=RDCoOARm1r89o