Ok, just in case you don’t know this already, never, never, never, never, ever ask a woman if she is pregnant.
- If she isn’t pregnant, it tells her that you think she appears to be in that condition, which simply translated means that YOU THINK SHE IS FAT.
- If she is pregnant, she may not be ready to make it public yet. The moment of her revealing her condition is her choice, not yours.
- She may be pregnant, but in the very early stages of pregnancy. Your asking translates to her that YOU THINK SHE IS FAT.
- She may be pregnant but be sick of talking about it. Everything in her life is changing, not to mention the changes that her body is going through. She may need a mental break from discussing her condition.
- She may be struggling with infertility and taking meds that cause bloating or swelling of the ovaries. Your asking reminds her of the problem and confirms to her that the world is aware of the physical side effects. In other words, YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE THINKS SHE IS FAT.
- She may simply be overweight, which makes your comment extremely insulting because YOU THINK SHE IS FAT.
- She may have just miscarried, which makes your comment extremely insensitive.
- It’s none of your business
Basic rule to follow – If she brings it up, talk about it all you like. If she doesn’t bring it up, don’t mention it. Save her the embarrassment and yourself the possible black eye.