I was blown away by the response to Top Ten What “To Not” Give Your Pastor for Pastor Appreciation Month, that I did extensive research (just kidding) and came up with the following Top Ten Things “To” Give Your Pastor For Pastor Appreciation Month (better known as the month created by Christian bookstores).
9. Amazon Gift Cards – I’m talking about the website, not the South American river, although that would be pretty cool too.
8. An applause sound effect button installed in the floor near where he’s preaching. Sometimes, the congregation needs a little help understanding when to applaud during a sermon. (Warning!!! Make sure there’s an sensor that turns the sound effects to standby mode during funerals and denominational meetings.)
7. Restaurant Gift Cards – It doesn’t matter where. (Although you should probably avoid all restaurants in the vein of Hooters)
6. A t-shirt with the words Instant Pastor, Just Add Coffee on the front.
5. Nah, just give him the coffee instead.
4. Real Time-Off – This means time-off from you too. If you’re with him, he’s still working, no matter what he says.
3. Cruise Gift Cards – The best way for a pastor to get real time off from his phone, internet, and generally craziness. (Although some cruises sponsor their own craziness).
2. Pew-Sized Whoopee Cushion – This was originally in my “What Not To Give Your Pastor” list, but I had so many pastors (and pastor’s spouses) tell me that they really would like to own this super flatulence noise creator that I decided to put it at #2 on this list, no pun intended.
P.S. Most pastors would rather you tithe faithfully than give them gifts. 🙂